» How does it work?
Depending upon the treatment being carried out, light emitted from the Energist ULTRA™ System is preferentially absorbed by the specific structure in the skin. For hair removal, the melanin in the hair absorbs this light and is heated to a temperature that permanently inhibits the hair’s ability to regrow. For skin rejuvenation, various structures can absorb the light and repair the damage caused by ageing and the sun.
» What can I treat ?
Ultra VPL™ has been proven to effectively treat the following:
Sun, liver and age spots
Conditions which usually appear in later years. These are all caused by an excess amount of melanin, the pigment which determines our hair and skin colour.
Thread veins, spider naevi and cherry spots
Conditions where small veins and blemishes become visible on the skin’s surface.
Wrinkles and fine lines
Collagen is the substance in our bodies that keeps our skin looking youthful and smooth. As we age, our bodies naturally produce less and less collagen, resulting in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles so we need to do skin cancer screening sometimes as we discover unusual symptoms.
People who suffer from acne produce too much sebum, an oil naturally produced by the body, which clogs up pores and causes infection. This can result in scarring.
» Pre Post treatment
The following information is a guideline that will help ensure that the treatment is a success and that the chances of any unwanted side-effects are minimised.
1. The area treated can be red and warm for a few hours after treatment. If this is uncomfortable you can cool the area with a cold flannel/towel or some other means of cooling. It is advisable to avoid ice as this may cause an “ice burn”.
2. Soothing preparations can be used but they must not contain anti-inflammatory or blood thinning properties. Avoid preparations such as Aloe Vera, Tea Tree Oil, Ibuleve, Difflam, etc.
3. Avoid taking anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medication for at least 7 days if possible. Products include ibuprofen, aspirin, etc.
4. Avoid smoking and alcohol for at least two hours before and after (preferably for the whole of the day).
5. If you can refrain from the use of make-up that day this will also give the chance for the skin to cool naturally.
6. Try to use cleansing products that have been developed for sensitive skin for 2 days after treatment. Be gentle when drying or rubbing the area treated.
7. Avoid tanning beds or sunbathing for at least 7 days after the treatment.
8. If you are unsure about anything after the treatment please contact the clinic for further advice.